perm filename SHRAMM.PL[1,VDS] blob sn#232375 filedate 1976-08-15 generic text, type C, neo UTF8
C00001 00001
C00002 00002	\|\\M1BDR30\M2SIGN57\M3NGR25\M4NGR20\F3\CVICTOR SCHEINMAN
C00011 ENDMK
\CPALO ALTO, CA. 94306
\F4\←L\-R\/'7;\+R\→.\→S   Telephone:
\F1\CAugust 15, 1976

Mr. Jay Shramm
17747 Cherokee Trail
Los Gatos, Calif. 

Dear Jay:

	It has been  a year since I last  set the rental rate  on the
house you are now renting.  Your current rent is nominally $225/month
with the expectation that you are doing two days of work per month at
a  value of  $30/per  day.   This  means that  you  have been  paying
$165/month.   It appears that  for the past  few months all important
construction work has been completed,  as I see you have not  sent me
any bills for material purchased.

	Effective  September 15, I  am raising  the rent to  $240 per
month for the house.  This allows you to have a maximum of 3  persons
living in the house. I will pay the monthly  water and road fees, for
all  water consumption  less  than or  equal to  the  average monthly
consuumption in Chemeketa  Park.   (For the time  being this  doesn't
matter, but  should meters be installed,  the Park plan is  to charge
extra for excessive water consumption).

	Although  this rent increase represets a significant apparant
increase, I feel that it is still comparable with  other rental rates
in Chemeketa Park.  Should  you desire to work some of this rent off,
I would be  willing to do  so in the  following fashion.   I will  be
willing to  work with  you, on  major house  improvement projects  an
average of one day  a month.  We would arrange these days in advance,
and for a full day's skilled labor on your part, I would pay you $35.
This work  plan is entirely  optional on your part,  and compensation
would  be  separate  from  the  rent.    With  respect to  decorative
improvements, or small adjustments,  etc. I would pay  for materials,
but not for the labor, unless arranged otherwise.

	I also agree  not to raise your rent, for  at least one year,
unless you decide to vacate the  premises before that time, in  which
case I reserve the  right to discuss conditions with  your successors
should your other housemates decide to stay on.

	Should you have any questions, please contact me before Sept.
4, as I will be in Europe from then until about Oct. 1.\.

Yours sincerely,

Vic Scheinman