perm filename SIMED.HLP[SIM,SYS] blob sn#459981
filedate 1979-07-20 generic text, type T, neo UTF8
--- SIMED SIMULA Editor and Indentation program Version 1.3 ---
Author: Mats Ohlin, FOA 1, Fack,
S-104 50 STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
The SIMED program converts SIMULA source program files.
The program is able to indent the program (for better readability) and
convert reserved words, standard and user indentifiers to
1) UPPER CASE 2) lower case 3) Edit Case (1st char. upper case).
N.B. Line numbers will be removed!
Lines which become too long at indentation are split up at an appropriate
position. In the case where no proper split can be done (long text
constants for example) a warning message is issued.
The following information is requested from the user:-
(? rather than "help" gives info at run time)
1. The file name for the source program file (Input file).
If ending input line with ESCAPE (Altmode), default
answer will be assumed for all the following questions.
2. The name of the output file (default is Input file).
3. The maximal record line length at output.
4. Number of positions at indentation for each block/compound
If a negative value is entered preliminary blanks and tabs
at beginning of the lines will be kept.
5. Enter the maximal position at indentation. If the nesting
of BEGINs is too deep the value will be taken modulo the
entered value (default=60).
6. Enter Yes if tabs may be used at indentation, otherwise
7. Enter conversion mode for reserved words (default=1).
8. Ditto standard identifiers (default=3).
9. Ditto user identifiers (default=2).
10. Ditto comments and option statements (default=0).
11. Ditto text constants (default=0).
You will get the default answers for all the questions no. 2-11
if you respond with <CR><LF>.
N.B. Cut lines will not be indented properly if they contain
BEGIN or END. However cut text constants will not be indented.
The programmer is recommended to start source code lines
with BEGIN and END resp.
Required data files:
SYS: SIMED.DAT (reserved words and standard identifiers)
[End of SIMED.HLP 76-02-27]